|Job Title:||Sales Revenue Finance Planning Managers|
|Description:||Sales Revenue Finance Planning Managers - Reading, Berkshire
Support Planning Analysts and Sales account teams to ‘problem-solve’ difficult challenges with making the balance of year promotional calendar meet its financial targets. Ensure regular account reviews of promotional plan status take place
Scrutinise the promotional volume forecasts prepared by the Planning Analysts and apply “next level” judgment to ensure they are robust – including adjustments for interaction between retail customers when they both promote
Resolve issues regarding financial acceptability of account promotional plans and individual deals (where these have been escalated by the Planning Analyst) by collaboratively ‘reiterating’ the guidelines with Customer Business Managers/Business Unit Directors and problem-solving changes required together
Own preparation of the presentation required for Monthly Pricing Council (regarding promotions “performance review & future plans”). Co-ordinate analysts to provide basic data inputs, add explanation for data variances (via dialogue with Sales and Operations teams), identify key issues for discussion.
Review and validate the account- and channel- level future performance forecasts prepared by the Analysts. Apply judgement as to whether each forecast is robust in its own right, and how it will be affected by activity in other accounts, As part of the task, review whether basic analysis the Analyst did for ‘actualising’ promotional volumes, forecasting commercial initiatives, base volumes and NPD is correct. Communicate the results, and justify their accuracy, to the senior Sales teams up to Channel Head level.
Conduct monthly reviews with senior Sales channel teams of the previous periods’ performance, especially on promotions, using the meeting to cascade any high level mandates on changes that must be made to future plans.
Take ‘next-level up’ accountability for ensuring promotional expenditure is correctly recorded in our financial books and authorised appropriately, through routine ‘checking’ reviews with the Analyst
Apply jurisdiction on whether ‘ad hoc’ account Terms investment proposals (including new business tenders) are financially acceptable. Be the ‘go to’ person for Business Unit Directors (and ideally Channel Heads) for any issues and queries they have with their account plans and performance
· Degree or equivalent biased towards numerical/science subjects
· Ideally appropriate postgraduate qualifications in a finance or research related subject
· Strong Excel skills (desirable)
· Outstanding analytical capability
· Exceptional interpersonal skills (collaboration, influencing through strong clear communication, securing difficult alignment, negotiation, assertiveness)
· Very good communication skills (present written information in a clear and compelling way, logical verbal communicator)
· Good commercial understanding and judgement
· Thoroughness (attention to detail, accuracy of work)
· Can do work ethic
Candidates may come from one of the following but not limited to industries
· Management consultancy (preferably a strategic consultancy where data analysis forms a key role)
· Analytical role in a quantitative research company (i.e. used to working with numbers and drawing conclusions from them)
· Heavily analytical role in a large consumer products company or retailer (with a complex portfolio of products and therefore used to working with large quantities of data).
· Ideally candidates will have knowledge of the retail environment, but not essential
|Salary Range:||£54000 - £73000/annum inc bene|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job