|Job Title:||Sales & Finance Revenue Planning Analysts|
|Description:||Sales & Finance Revenue Planning Analysts - Reading , Berkshire
Provide day-to-day ‘front line’ analytical support to Sales account teams to enable them to build and iterate promotional calendars so that they meet financial targets and maximise return on investment
Own the volume forecast inputs for every promotion the Sales team wish to run by using the database of historical promotions performance, and applied judgement, to robustly estimate what sales volume any proposed promotion will achieve
Determine whether a particular promotion, and the full year plan as a whole, meets acceptable criteria regarding financial budgets, investment returns and other ‘guideline’ criteria). If so, approve it, if not, work with the account team to resolve the issue by evaluating alternatives promotions.
Prepare data and charts for regular reviews between Revenue Planning team and Sales teams (Business Unit Directors, Channel Heads) of the latest status of account promotional plans – comparing the latest plans to targets, and providing detailed numerically and commercially robust explanations for any variances
“Actualise” promotional volumes – use trend analysis to determine what proportion of historical sales was an ‘uplift’ due to promotion, for each account each month. There will be system tools to support this, but the analyst must fundamentally understand how they work and whether they are producing a correct answer.
Work with the account teams to determine robustly how their commercial initiatives (e.g. new product listings, space gains) will or won’t translate into sales uplifts, and pass the results regularly to the Support Analyst for input into the forecast system
Using the promotional and commercial initiatives sales forecasts above, and ‘base sales’ forecasts provided from elsewhere in the team, own construction of a robust total sales forecast for each account for the remainder of the year. Communicate the forecast to both the account team and line manager, and align them both to it . Provide analytical and commercial support to account teams (and their managers) to robustly mitigate any shortfalls to targets.
Conduct ‘month end’ reviews of total account and promotional performance with each account team. Use the meeting to establish and log the cause of any performance variances to expectations, and to ensure the correct promotional expenditure is recorded in our financial books
Ensure account teams follow correct accounting procedures for recording and administering promotional expenditure, including ensuring authority was correctly gained for all promotions run
Support account managers to build any Terms investment proposals they may have (including new business tenders), and prepare for reviews with Sales and Finance next-level up.
· Very strong analytical capability
· Good Excel skills and the aptitude to learn new IT systems pretty quickly
· Good interpersonal skills (collaboration, influencing tho strong clear communication, securing difficult alignment, negotiation, assertiveness)
· Thoroughness (attention to detail, accuracy of work)
· Amenability to do repetitive, routine ‘administrative’ work to a high standard
· Good time management and prioritisation skills (i.e. organised and productive)
Qualifications Required/Preferred in the Ideal Candidate
· Very strong academics, degree educated or equivalent biased towards numerical/science subjects, including:
· Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline for example finance or research
Likely Previous Experience (but not limited to) of Suitable Applicants
· Management consultancy (preferably a strategic consultancy where data analysis forms a key role)
· Analytical role in a quantitative research company (i.e. used to working with numbers and drawing conclusions from them)
· Heavily analytical role in a large consumer products company or retailer (with a complex portfolio of products and therefore used to working with large quantities of data)
· Ideal candidate will have knowledge of the retail environment, but not essential|
|Salary Range:||£40000 - £55000/annum inc bene|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job