|Job Title:||Assistant Consultant|
|Description:||Assistant Consultant - Southampton, Hampshire
Our client, a well established and successful Accountancy practice are currently looking for an Assistant Consultant to work in their office to be based in Southampton.
This Accountancy practice has a network of over 600 offices across the world, with this particular role to be within the Investment Management division and has an excellent reputation within the market.
The Assistant Consultants' role is to analyse client portfolios/requirements and produce technical reports for Consultants and Directors. The Assistant Consultant is a main point of contact for clients. Certain roles will also involve working with corporate clients regarding pensions, life assurance and employee benefits. As financial advice is regulated by the FSA, this role has limited signing authority, so the Assistant Consultant will draft reports for the Consultants to review, approve and sign. The role is also to support the Consultants in achieving their annual targets by managing client relationships, maintaining records, assisting with annual client reviews and carrying out day to day administrative duties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Add new prospect clients to the back office database
- Create and maintain client files (electronic and paper format)
- Complete initial processing of New Business and investment trades
- Track and ensure completion of New Business and investment trades
- Assist in the client review process (production of valuations and supporting literature)
- Prepare various types of paperwork for client signature
- Process ad-hoc administration requests
- Draft reports and letters to clients on specific financial planning issues
- Oversee changes/restructure of client financial planning requirements/benefit arrangements
- Handle and resolve day to day queries both relating to new and existing business, liaising between colleagues, product providers and clients
- Accompany Consultant to office based client meetings where appropriate and take notes for file
- Assist Consultants and Directors to manage portfolios so client goals are met in accordance with specified objectives and constraints
Key Skills - Analytical and numerical ability - able to analyse and interpret data, evaluate and make recommendations based on data
- Windows computer packages including Word and Excel and preferably Adviser Office (1st Software), Hindsight , Webline or Exchange
Knowledge - Full understanding of the administrative procedures relating to the different categories of business and ensure they conform to regulatory and company standards
- Awareness of various investments/pension/protection rules, regulation and legislation
- Good knowledge of products and services available in all areas of financial planning
- Some understanding of investment
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone within Financial Services looking for the next step. You could have a paraplanning background or a Senior Administration background, but you must be qualified to minimum FPC or equivalent. However, we will consider candidates who are part qualified (FP1 or CF1 and 2) and willing to attain the certificate within 12-18 months.
You will have experience working within a Financial Services background, be customer focussed, display enthusiasm and conviction when communicating, ambitious and proactive, self motivated with excellent attention to detail.|
|Salary Range:||£20000 - £27000/annum £20,000|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job