|Job Title:||PI/RTA Case Handler - Basingstoke - £18-26k|
|Description:||PI/RTA Case Handler - Basingstoke - £18-26k - Basingstoke, Hampshire
My client is looking to appoint full-time Case Handlers at a variety of levels to join their team in Basingstoke.
Candidates will ideally have previous RTA/PI claim handling experience but due to the structured, extensive training now available, they can also consider applicants with previous motor claims, PI/RTA secretarial experience and/or individuals who have gained or working towards a legal qualification. You will also need good keyboard skills and time management skills
They are looking for candidates who are in a reasonable commutable distance to the Basingstoke Office and will also consider candidates that are serious about relocating to the area.
Your role will be to manage and develop a caseload on behalf of the Legal Expenses Division including the handling of all claims pre and post litigation to ensure that a just swift result is obtained with the best resources being made available for the client and insurance provider.
- Positive attitude with strength of character and determination to succeed
- Maintain high standards, setting and achieving goals.
- To ensure that you are at all times familiar with the up to date rules and procedures in relation to MIB cases including both untraced and uninsured agreements.
- To ensure that you are at all times familiar with the up to date rules and procedures in relation to Defendant cases.
- To have good working knowledge of the CPR and to ensure that you have a good understanding of the working practices of a legal environment in particular with the regard to process for compensation claims.
- To have a good working knowledge of both the RTA and PI Protocols and to ensure that these are adhered to at all times.
-To ensure a full and thorough working knowledge of the Rules in relation to Fast Track and to ensure that you have a thorough working knowledge in relation to Multi Track cases. To be able to identify those Multi Track cases which ought to be referred to the Serious Injury Unit in accordance with the work instructions.
- Be flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and to ensure that you are able to actively cope under pressure.
- To have the ability to identify any problems that may occur on a file and to ensure that these are raised with the Team Leaders in the first instance or if they are not available or intervention warrants with the Unit Head.
- To ensure a reasonable and competent level of keyboard skills to enable you to compile and produce your own correspondence and access information from all of the companies information systems.
- To ensure you develop and maintain excellent negotiation skills to deal with third party insurers, third party Solicitors and of course the client.
- To ensure close attention is paid to details in relation to calculation of special and general damages.
- To have effective delegation skills and the ability to impart knowledge to any supporting staff. You must also ensure that any supporting staff for whom you are responsible that you give them the opportunity to develop their skills.
- To ensure excellent verbal and written communication to ensure that matters are progressed swiftly and to avoid the need for the client, third party insurer, third party Solicitor or insurer provider confusion.
- To ensure that you obtain and maintain good organisational skills to allow for proper time management of your caseload within the working hours available and to ensure that priority is given to work (for example but this is by no means exhaustive) limitations, Court deadlines and timetables.
- To be flexible and respond at times of dealing with urgent requests or short deadlines.
- A friendly and helpful approach to dealing with client and Case Handler queries. To be professional and courteous with all people at all times.
There is full training given before you start on any cases so if you have a good secretarial background or Paralegal within PI, RTA or Motor Claims please do not hesitate to apply and we will contact you shortly!
|Salary Range:||£18000 - £26000/annum £18-26k|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job