|Job Title:||Systems Engineer|
|Description:||Systems Engineer - England, UK
- To provide system engineering capabilities to the VTC Defence and Security, and Broadcast business areas.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of multiple technical and resource inputs to bids and projects including coordination of equipment/service providers and to witness and supervise contractor acceptance tests and installation activities.
- To be a source of broad based technical expertise and authority within the communications and broadcast engineering environment.
Key Result Areas:
- Coordinate the technical design process of complex and diverse bids and projects for a broad range of broadcast and defence sector customers.
- Provide a technical design authority function for bids and projects, leading engineers and other specialists to deliver acceptable technical solutions.
- Plan and deliver projects or work packages from conception to completion, to agreed budget, timescale and appropriate quality and operational objectives.
- Deliver cost estimates to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
- Report clearly on events both verbally and in written form, including technical specification, feasibility and report writing skills, applicable to a broad audience.
- Produce and deliver professional presentations to internal and external customers for bid, project review and training purposes.
- Proven systems engineering skills and experience of designing and building communications and broadcast systems including functional specification, interfacing and integration.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and issues in a range of disciplines, and articulate those at a business level and within bid and project documents.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Visio) or similar packages.
- Proven knowledge and skills needed to work on international projects in a multi-disciplined, multi-tasking team environment.
- Understanding of project management systems and processes.
- Highly committed and self motivated with a desire to contribute to the success of the business.
- Full current driving licence.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours throughout the UK and abroad.
- No impediments to securing security clearance to at least SC level.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.|
|Salary Range:||£34000 - £36500/annum N/A|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job