|Job Title:||Graduate Tax Trainee - Gatwick|
|Description:||Graduate Tax Trainee - Gatwick - Gatwick, West Sussex
Our client requires an Audit Trainee to join their team based in Gatwick
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To work as part of the audit team and train to become an ACA qualified accountant.
Assist in the completion of an audit:
- visit clients premises (which may require travel away from the area and overnight stay)
- reporting to in-charge accountants (third year trainees) and seniors (qualified accountants)
- discuss relevant audit issues with various personnel at the clients premises
- preparation of financial statements using accounts packages (SAPA)
- complete allocated sections of the audit file on the firm's audit software
- production of audit schedules using MS Word and Excel
- check, read and add up financial statements
- completion of audit testing in all sections
Establish good working relationships with client:
- at the same time as completing assigned tasks
- to demonstrate an enquiring mind and interest in the business
- to follow through concerns with senior
- achieve deadlines and understand commercial impact of time spent in terms of productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service
- accurately record time spent and document reasons for overruns
- communicate workload to in charge
- comply with firm and office procedures including computer protocols in IS handbook
- Write summary points for inclusion in reports to manager and other relevant documents clearly and concisely
- Complete accounts preparation assignments
A minimum of six GCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics at grade A or B, and;
- for ACA training a minimum of 300 UCAS points/24 A-level points and have achieved or be expecting to achieve at the very least a 2:1 Honours degree.
Motivation - has an interest in business affairs and the broader business environment; shows commitment to the role, the Firm and the profession.
Drive - demonstrates energy, enthusiasm and interest; seeks responsibility; keen to contribute and make a difference.
Communication and credibility - projects a professional, credible image; explains basic concepts clearly, logically, and consistently.
Teamwork - has the ability to develop constructive working relationships with others.
Organisation - plans workload in advance, scheduling activities to optimise the effectiveness of own contribution; can prioritise conflicting demands.
Computer literate and experienced in the use of Microsoft packages, the Internet and e-mail.
Flexibility to travel to clients premises and for training.
Willing to work and study away from home.
IF YOU FEEL THIS IS YOU THEN PLEASE APPLY ASAP WITH A SHORT SYNOPSIS DETAILING HOW YOUR SKILLS RELATE TO THE ROLE
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
|Salary Range:||£20000 - £24000/annum|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job