|Job Title:||URGENT: Country Financial Controller|
|Description:||URGENT: Country Financial Controller - Glasgow, Scotland
Country Financial Controller Central Scotland - US multinational technology products/services provider - attractive salary, benefits, and career opportunities
CLIENT - Leading US multinational technology products manufacturer
ROLE Country Controller primary owner of actual reported general ledger results for businesses reporting through the United Kingdom and Ireland. Business partnering with local Strategic Business Units that record results through country based financial systems.
· Conduct country-level training of the finance team for all client's business and accounting policies.
· Conduct detailed controllership reviews at each active HFM reporting entity at least annually, using standard client Controllership Review template. Issue summary of findings to relevant SBU(s) and client Controllers organization within one week of completion.
· Formally approving all NREs with greater than $250K USD P&L impact prior to recording
· Link key processes between businesses and Center of Excellence, with emphasis on elimination of process and accounting policy variations among businesses
· Perform a formal (documented) quarterly analytic review of the P&L and balance sheet of all units in the country. Investigate and document all unusual trends and fluctuations.
· Prepare a complete and accurate quarterly management representation letter, covering all operations in the country. All significant integrity, control, and compliance matters and concerns must be communicated in the quarterly management representation letter.
Serve as overall PwC point of contact for all statutory audit matters in the country and ensure entity is in compliance with statutory policy.
· Serve as overall controllership point of contact to Corporate tax for all tax strategy, tax project, and tax compliance matters in the country.
PERSON SPEC - higher weighting more important
10 Extensive work experience in a variety of finance and controls roles, and hence solid technical accounting skills worked in public accounting at management level
10 - Qualified CA with degree in Accounting or Finance
10 - The ability to apply the appropriate level of deliberation to complex and high risk matters
10 - Demonstrated leadership - technical and interpersonal - role model, motivated, visionary leader, standard-setter, coach - even with those outside direct reporting relationship
10 - Ability to coach and mentor subordinates for personal and professional development.
10 - Strong interpersonal and communication skills - good listener, articulate, good formal presenter, persuasive/influential (especially with those outside direct reporting relationship)
10 Change agent experience of driving major structural change within highly compelx/matrixed organisations
10 - Proven experience with corporate accounting systems - ideally Hyperion, HFM, SAP
10 - Personal flexibility - willingness to travel up to 40% of weekdays
10 - Fluency in English (written and verbal) - additional languages are a plus
9 Big 4 audit and/or Corporate Audit experience
9 - Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and other corporate Internal Controls frameworks
9 - Ability to coach and mentor subordinates for personal and professional development.
8 - Previous experience in a multinational organisation, ideally with some EMEA exposure/contact
8 Exposure/understanding of UK & Ireland tax strategies and compliance
8 - Experience and understanding of the challenges and ambiguities of working within a highly matrixed organisation can quickly adapts to changing circumstances and business conditions.
8 - Good appreciation of "best-in-class" and continuous improvement tools - ideally greenbelt trained/certified |
|Salary Range:||£NEG Attractive Salary & Benef|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job