|Job Title:||Protection Actuary|
|Description:||Protection Actuary - Salisbury, Wiltshire
My client a leading Insurance compnay is looking for a Product Actuary to support pricing of new and existing protection products appropriately in order to enable achievement of sales volume, contribution, VNB and rate of return objectives whilst minimising the New Business strain. This is achieved though close liaison with the product managers, Manager (Protection Proposition) and the Head of the Protection Proposition, who recommend pricing strategies and market positioning.
* To support and carry out mortality, morbidity and other investigations, as necessary, to set appropriate basis for pricing assumptions. This will include extracting, analysing and preparing data To liase with Actuarial Services Department so that experience monitoring and the outcome of investigations are shared to ensure the consistency of the pricing and valuation bases.
* Produce pricing reports and recommendations as required in support of pricing changes and experience investigations
* To liase closely with Underwriting Central Services and Claims who provide additional information to assist future experience pricing assumptions and the impact of product strategies on pricing.
* To identify and support systems developments necessary to support protection products.
* Identify possible areas for improvements to the existing actuarial processes and make recommendations for changes and implementation
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
* Completed or close to F.I.A or F.F.A. qualification.
* Degree (ideally business related)
Knowledge & Skills Required
* Financial: Commercial & business knowledge with an understanding of the profit dynamics of a proprietary Life Company
* Numeracy: Able to swiftly understand, evaluate and comment on various sources of financial data
* Communication: Confident written & oral communication skills; must be able to interpret reports and presentations, should be prepared to present to small internal groups
* Negotiation: Able to get support to introduce small changes within Marketing or other business units
* Interpersonal skills: Ability to work with associates in diverse areas of the Company and to work effectively in a team
* Good organisation and planning skills. Willingness to learn project management and process review skills
* Able to demonstrate analytical & creative skills to aid problem solving and decision-making
* Self motivated: Willing to take initiative to identify problems and seek out solutions
* Systems/Software capability: familiarity with appropriate systems and software packages; e.g. Excel, Access, Glean and PROPHET.|
|Salary Range:||£500 - £700/day N/A|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job