|Job Title:||Marketing Budget Controller|
|Description:||Marketing Budget Controller - Surrey, Surrey
My client a leading Life & Pensions provider requires a Marketing Budget Controller to join their Sales and Marketing team in Dorking.
You will be required to provide management with a full and comprehensive service in:
* planning and expense reporting
* regular reports and analysing expenses
* highlighting areas of concern
* proactively supporting the Senior Budget Controller in budget setting and monthly forecasting
* encouraging tight budgetary control throughout UK Marketing and Distribution
Responsible for proactively collaborating with appropriate teams in Marketing and the Senior Budget Controller to understand and effectively communicate the key profit drivers for each business unit within FPLP.
Expected to engage with key customer groups throughout Marketing in order to clearly understand all expense requirements and potential impacts across UK Marketing and Distribution and to continually manage customer expectations.
Expected to provide consultancy services to projects on an ad hoc basis as required.
* Provide monthly information to UKD Marketing Management focusing on expenditure against budget and providing a meaningful commentary on significant variances; keeping reconciliations of the most relevant types of expenditure to assist in preparation of expense reports.
* Understand and support the process for calculation and payment of Incentive Bonus throughout the Sales Division.
* Provide monthly reports to Marketing Management on locally controlled budgets and contribute to the Monthly Information Report providing relevant timely information to Senior Management, to ensure that expenditure is managed within budget.
* Act as the principal point of liaison between UKD Marketing and the Finance Business Analysis Department, as required, to ensure that all costs reported by them are accurate and representative of the organisational structure.
* Act as the principal point of liaison between Business Support and the Cost Centre Managers for all financial queries.
* Identifying and investigating unexpected trends in expenditure, make recommendations providing thorough and well-reasoned justification.
* Provide support the Senior Budget Controller in preparing the annual expense budget, using information from all available sources.
* Provide financial guidance and support to customers throughout the monthly forecasting process. Ensuring accurate management of the forecast movements through a comprehensive understanding of marketing expenditure.
* To ensure that all financial information provided is timely and accurate.
* Investigate possible uses of new technology within budget setting and expense reporting process.
* Provide analytical consultancy, training or mentoring service to other members of the Business Intelligence team as required
Knowledge and skills:
* a solid understanding of financial reporting standards, statutory accounting and key financials of a large business.
* a broad awareness of the Financial Services industry and the regulatory environment.
* a good understanding of the Marketing structure and the key objectives for UK Marketing and Distribution.
* financial qualification with demonstrable experience in SME or large organisation.
* gained business experience incorporating the management of significant expense budgets and evidence of superior knowledge of the cost drivers of a large FTSE 100 business.
* Typically will have demonstrated strong communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills across a range of seniority levels.
You must be a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving supported by strong interpersonal skills.
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job