|Job Title:||Credit Controller|
|Description:||Credit Controller - Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
We are now actively recruiting for a local friendly company on the Herts/Esex Border.
Dealing with Customer Queries
• Take telephone calls from customers where customer disputes invoice.
• Ensure that query is noted on SAP system and on Query log in Avaya
• Ensure that appropriate personnel are informed of the query (e.g. Area Service Managers, Rental Controller, Salesmen etc).
• Follow up with the relevant personnel on a weekly basis to ensure query is resolved within one month of due date. Extreme persistence is required.
• Meeting every month with Finance Director or Finance Manager to discuss further action on any queries not resolved in the above time period.
• Ensure all customers with overdue accounts are contacted by telephone on at least a monthly basis
• Run Monthly Customer Statements from SAP and post out.
• Produce Sales Ledger Report
• Check and send out Dunning Letters
• Obtain credit references for all new customer enquiries.
• Chase late payment on a daily basis (by telephone, fax and letter where appropriate).
• Liaise with Finance Manager each month with regard to taking legal action against late payers.
• Initiate legal debt collections - liaise with our solicitors.
• Liaise with other departments locally and also Head Office in Basingstoke in connection with sales invoices and customer queries.
• work together with colleagues in finance department and in other departments to ensure effective communication, respecting the needs and requirements of others as well as own needs and requirements.
• At least two years previous experience in credit control work.
• Experience of taking debt collection action including identification of cases to take legal action against.
• Must demonstrate sound commercial judgement
• Effective telephone manner
• Good verbal and written communication skills to facilitate dealing with internal and external queries.
• Previous experience of processing remittances, invoices and credit notes onto a computerised accounting system.
• Experience of SAP R/3 an advantage.
• Relevant IT skills - Microsoft excel, word and Outlook preferred.
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job