|Job Title:||Company Accountant|
|Description:||Company Accountant - Guildford, Surrey
An UK outlet of a pan – European, Nasdaq listed company, which provides Management Consultancy services to the insurance sector. This company offers a rare opportunity to develop a solid career in a specialised and niche sector of the financial market. Boasting an outstanding working environment in corporate offices and excellent opportunities for progression; this is an opportunity not to be missed
This role will involve the supervision of the finance assistant as well as assisting the Financial Controller in the co-ordination of the department.
• To ensure that both external and internal financial reporting deadlines are met.
• To review and implement internal controls and procedures to strengthen company operations as well as manage the implementation of new financial reporting systems.
• To liaise with the investment managers to ensure compliance with investment guidelines and FSA requirements.
• To provide periodic financial reporting information for review by management and the Board of Directors
• To report on the companies cash-flow and liaise with Senior Management in order to ensure that all assumed claims and ceded data is captured in the financial statements.
• To liaise with internal/eXternal actuaries where necessary and other group company accountants to ensure agreement of inter company balances.
• To monitor expenses and provide analysis against budget which will lead to comments where necessary.
• Prepare quarterly management accounts at Company level on a UK GAAP basis and for Group accounts on a US GAAP basis.
• Perform systematic reviews of internal controls and procedures.
• Monitor cash-flow requirements to ensure that investment returns are maximised whilst maintaining solvency requirements.
• Analyse foreign exchange exposures and implement hedging strategies where appropriate.
• Administer, calculate and pay all corporate and indirect taxes where applicable.
• Prepare Quarterly FSA management accounts and prepare annual statutory accounts.
• Prepare annual regulatory returns.
You will be Qualified, part qualified or Qualified by Experience.
• Have excellent Excel and Access skills with experience using general ledger packages such as CODA.
• Be able to produce high quality reports and financial statements
• Have effective communication skills in order to liaise with a variety of levels of staff and team members.
• Be prepared to work to tight reporting deadlines.
• Have high levels of organisation and focus.
• Be diligent and dependable
• Have experience in either the insurance or re-insurance industry
Benefits Extensive benefits package |
|Salary Range:||£45000 - £55000/annum|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job