|Job Title:||Financial Controller Assistant|
|Description:||Financial Controller Assistant - West Grinstead, West Sussex
Permanent Accounts assistants/financial controllers role for a well known timber firm based in West Grinstead.
The salary is between 20k-35k dependant on experience, qualifications and skill sets. Candidates must have great IT skills and experience as well as a financial background.
Job Title: Assistant to FC / Accounts Dept Assistant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: West Grinstead, West Sussex
To assist with the Company Computer System and support key data maintenance.
To assist other Accounts department team members in department functions.
To assist in all matters, financial and systems related and aid business development, thereby promoting profitability within the company. To understand the business ideals and concepts. To investigate, support and enhance financial / computer processes and business practices.
· Support, maintain and development of the company computer system (Datafile).
· Understand and assist with the development of new business practises into the software systems.
· To train new users on the company computer system both at Admin Office and branch locations.
· Provide day-to-day support for system related issues.
· Monitor and control exceptional transactions.
· Ensure system housekeeping is kept up to date and on time.
· Run system procedures including sales and purchase ledger, nominal ledger, and stock control end of month.
Accounts Dept Support
· Assist with preparation and analysis of the Monthly Management Accounts.
· Assist with reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts including Prepayments and Accruals, Fixed Assets, Hire Purchase and Finance Agreements.
· Assist with Fixed Assets Register and calculation of depreciation.
· Provide management information from the current systems.
· Work alongside and support other members of staff (2 currently) - Purchase Ledger Supervisor and Credit Controller.
· Provide administration support to the Branches
· Further develop account skills and to assist the Financial Controller as follows:
· Weekly bank reconciliation.
· Review of Cashbook, and assist with Cash flow reporting and projections on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Annual budgeting process.
· Monthly Payroll requirements.
· Pension and Medical Scheme controls.
· Preparation of VAT and Statutory returns.
· Insurance analysis and administration.
· Company vehicles and mobile phones procedures/controls.
Key Skills & Competencies:
· Good knowledge of business and accounting systems.
· Ideal experience gained with business system maintenance, plus Microsoft Office products, Windows configurations and networks.
· Appropriate accounting experience gained within a commercial environment
· Enthusiastic and proactive
· Keen to develop and progress within a growing business.
· Good communicator at all levels from Staff through Management to Director level.
· Importance on high level of accuracy.
· Can be qualified by experience.
Hours of work and benefits:
8.00am - 5.00pm (1 hour lunch) equivalent to 40 hours per week.
20 days holiday per year increasing with length of service.
Pension Scheme after three months continuous employment.
|Salary Range:||£20000 - £35000/annum Dependan|
Online Job Enquiry
Complete this form to sumbit your application direct to the person that placed this advert. accjobs.com applicants must have secured permission to reside and work in the UK from the Home Office prior to sumbitting thier application: this is a legal requirement. accjobs.com is unable to enter into correspondance on UK immigration issues: please visit the Home Office Website for more guidance. Please attach an up-to-date CV (resume) to speed up the selection process.
You must enter the verification word.
Tell a friend about this job